Saturday, June 20, 2009

How I came about to WL..

Guess what!!

I have not worship lead in ISCA for so long de...

~Wait~

Don't get me wrong...

I'm actually happy about it..lol..

I have had other stressful events to help fill the gap like PAD...
I will explain that another time I guess...

Worship leading is fun but at the same time stressful, serious but also enjoyable..lol..
Weird huh?? Hahahaha...

Well, I guess I could say that this is a praise report..lol..

We were having camp beginning of this year.. It's called music camp organised by YuenThern and his team. This was when I meet each and every talented person in ISCA..Haha..
They have so much potential..haha.. Then actually during this camp I did say that I would someday like to take up worship leading in ISCA.. I told this to my small group nea.. So no one noe's accept for a few of them..haha.. Then b4 I knew it, at night, around 1145pm.. Need I emphasize it was 1145pm!!!!!!!! Almost bedtime and my brains are already asleep then the WL were all having their own meeting and then YT called me in.. I was actually in the middle of a mafia game when he did that... Oh well, me being a GOOD and innocent girl, went in to meet them.. But when I was in there, he just gave me a heart attack!!! When i heard the news, I literally froze... Here's what he said:

YT: We want you....

Ben: Ehhhh..

YT: Ok.. I want you to worship lead 2moro morning.

Ben, Rach, Connie laughing on the background.

drey: WHAT!!!!!!! Noooooooo!!! No no no I can't.. I don't know how to.. Cannot.. No Noooo...

(I think that's what I said la..lol.. Something like that though.. Too freaked out to rem..)

Next thing I know, I couldn't tahan and I went downstairs just to give me some time to sink the news into my head.. I was suppose to be happy.. But I was soooo scared when I heard the news.. I met Justin downstairs.. I will always appreciated him la.. He was the only one there.. Easier for my to sit n think n PRAY.. I take 2 weeks to prepare songs.. Now I only have 2 hours b4 bed..

Okay to cut the long story short.. I thank God for the opportunity even though it was one of the most scary one's.. I also thank God for cass who played the piano for me, YT who played the guitar and gave me the opportunity to lead, rach to back up sing, bernard who did projectionist for me and the rest of the people who were there to support me.. Really thank you all.. :)

It went ummm...pretty ok.. YT had to help me here and there.. Thank God for him.. :)

The thing I learn is God answers prayers according to his own timing. I did pray for a chance to lead in ISCA which I did.. Much later.. This experience was for me to actually know what I'm stepping into.. And I sure do know how it feels like now.. See how amazing God works to prepare us?? Rem:God goes before you in life.. Trust him for He noe's what's best for your life!! If you want to serve and if it is His will, YOu will.. Just wait.. The time will come.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment